The Advanced Glazings Story
Advanced Glazings Ltd. was founded in 1995, by Dr. Douglas I. Milburn to develop, manufacture and market, sustainable and commercially viable technologies related to sunlight. In our Company’s history, we have seen a drive toward sustainability and daylighting design. Our dedication to research and development, has given birth to the highly efficient and affordable SOLERA® + Aerogel products. Finally, we are able to tame the sun, while reaping all the benefits of natural daylighting.
Our Commitment to Sustainability
Environmental Statement & Policy
Advanced Glazings Ltd was founded with the vision of creating products which would further the contribution of renewable energy and energy efficiency towards creating a sustainable future. In achieving this vision, while at the same time minimizing the consumption of non-sustainable energy sources, Advanced Glazings Ltd. will make a net positive impact on the environment.
It is the policy of Advanced Glazings Ltd. to pursue our business in a manner that achieves economic objectives while simultaneously addressing environmental goals and to go beyond the current standards for environmental conduct by creating products that have a net positive impact on the environment. This requires that we conduct our operations in full compliance with all relevant environmental laws and regulations and perform our functions in a manner that protects the health and safety of our customers, employees and neighbors.
- Make products that have a positive impact on the environment by reducing or displacing the use of conventional energy.
- Make products that have a positive impact on human wellness and productivity.
- Ensure that products are made and handled, in an environmentally sound manner.
- Facilitate the re-use and recycling of used product.
- Minimize the generation of waste.
- Maximize use of safe and sustainable sources of raw materials and energy.
- Utilize processes, which minimize the consumption of non-renewable energy and utilize renewable energy sources, when possible.
- Provide employee training and education in issues affecting the environment and employee health & safety.
Carrying Out Policy
This environmental statement & policy is fundamental to Advanced Glazings Ltd.’s vision. All employees are obligated to know and follow this Policy. Advanced Glazings Ltd.'s executive and management will support all efforts to achieve the goals of this policy.
Awards & Accolades
- 2007 Council on Innovation, Chamber of Commerce
- 2007 Productivity Improvement, Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters
- 2006 Industry Award, Globe Awards for Environmental Excellence
- 2005 Media Spark
- 2005 Innovation Award, Discovery Awards for Science and Excellence
- 2002 Winner, Cape Breton Business Excellence Award
- Excellence in Business Development, Hype Awards
- Canadian Manufacturing & Exporters Member, Canada's Leading Business Network
- TD Canada Trust Annual Award
Advanced Glazings Ltd. offers the unique opportunity to be a part of great company where you can take pride in helping to make the world a better place. And, to top it off, we just happen to be located amidst beautiful surroundings in a spirited community that boasts five-minute commutes and a terrific sense of community. We have a variety of departments including research and development, production as well as administrative, any available positions will be listed below for your convenience.
Based in Cape Breton, Advanced Glazings Ltd. creates leading-edge technologies that bring natural daylight into buildings, improving the quality, aesthetics and energy efficiency of indoor spaces. We’ve received a multitude of innovation, sustainability, and export development awards. When applying to a listed job posting please apply for it in the specific manor requested in the posting.